Capital Markets & Finance
The PCGC team advises public companies in capital markets and finance transactions across industries, providing strategic counsel on such financial transactions as:
- equity offerings
- investment grade and high yield debt offerings
- convertible and hybrid security offerings
- secured and unsecured credit facilities, including acquisition, term, letter of credit, liquidity facilities
- commercial paper programs
- working capital financing transactions
- interest rate swap transactions and investment agreements
- construction and real estate loans
- tax-exempt financings through governmental conduits and structures
PCGC team members also have significant public finance experience representing issuers in the governmental, higher education, health care and nonprofit sectors.
R. Douglas Harmon
Doug Harmon has more than 30 years of experience representing domestic and international public companies in a wide array of areas, including: capital markets and corporate finance transactions, corporate governance and compliance, mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures, risk management, and contracts.
Doug’s clients have spanned multiple industries, including energy, financial services, manufacturing, retail, sports and entertainment, pharmaceuticals and technology.
Doug is the author of Doug’s Note and founder of the Public Company Forum. He has been chosen as one of Woodward/White’s Best Lawyers in America in securities law since 2007.
- Represented a regulated energy company in a variety of registered offerings:
• $170 million at-the-market program for common stock
• $250 million offering of investment-grade senior notes
• $130 million offering of common stock that included a derivative forward sale component
- Completed a complex debt restructuring during the recent recession that included a Rule 144A/Regulation S private placement, registered exchange offer, tender offer redemption of existing debt and bank credit facility amendment and restatement
- Advised the special committee of the board of directors of a distressed financial institution regarding its successful merger into another distressed financial institution
- Represented a sports entertainment company in Rule 144A/exchange offer of $100 million of senior notes
- Represented a regulated energy company in a registered offering of $300 million of senior notes
- Represented a foreign cable corporation in Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $400 million aggregate principal amount of senior notes
- Represented underwriters in the initial public offering of shares of common stock by a child care company
- Represented underwriters in registered offering of $250 million aggregate principal amount of senior notes by a publicly-traded office products corporation
- Represented underwriters in Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $200 million aggregate principal amount of senior subordinated notes by a publicly traded manufacturer of building products
- Represented underwriters in registered offering of $250 million aggregate principal amount of convertible senior notes by a publicly-traded home builder