You recently received an email invitation to our upcoming Governance, Risk & Compliance Forum. The GRC Forum is a half-day, interactive event devoted specifically to the issues faced by risk and compliance personnel at companies in all industries and at all stages of GRC development.
The Fall 2017 session will be held on Thursday, September 28 at the Duke Mansion in Charlotte. We’ll start with coffee and breakfast at 8:15 a.m. The three presentations will run from 9:00 a.m. until noon. There is no charge for attending, and attendees are expected to be approved for compliance certification and continuing legal education credit.
Topics to be covered.
The GRC Forum and related GRC Blog generally address topics related to assessing, enhancing and maintaining an enterprise-wide governance, risk and compliance function. Specific topics to be discussed at this upcoming Fall 2017 session will include:
- Session I: Update on the current state of corporate social responsibility, including CSR reporting and corporate America’s response to the Trump administration’s withdrawal from the Paris climate accord.
- Session II: A discussion of cybersecurity breach response policies and plans, including background on current data privacy and security laws in the U.S., the EU’s new comprehensive data protection law and the EU Network Infrastructure Security Directive, critical components of a comprehensive plan, and practical tips on how to create, draft, train on and implement a plan.
- Session III: Remarks by North Carolina Attorney General Josh Stein on compliance and public protection, followed by Q&A.
Who should attend?
GRC touches a variety of professionals, including:
- compliance officers
- risk management officers
- boards of directors
- legal departments
- CFOs, internal auditors and other finance personnel
- human resource directors
- investor relations and public communications personnel
Companies of all sizes and in all industries are invited.
If you haven’t already, please click here to sign up. I hope to see you there.