Mergers, Acquisitions & Joint Ventures
PCGC team members provide clients a wealth of experience across a broad range of business combinations and related activities, arming them with the resources to address shareholder litigation and activism. We work regularly with public companies across a number of industries, including health care, utilities, life sciences and biotechnology, manufacturing, energy, food and beverage, automotive, equipment rentals and waste services and recycling.
In our role as public company transaction counsel, we have broad experience in all aspects of transaction execution, including:
- shareholder approvals
- Securities Act filings
- public announcements and related SEC reporting
- pro forma financials
- fairness opinions
- integrated internal control reporting and certification
Kevin B. Gottehrer
Kevin Gottehrer has extensive experience advising and representing public companies in a broad range of mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, investments, joint ventures and other business combinations.
- Represented an energy company in the restructuring of its fiber telecommunications subsidiary business into a joint venture by selling 50% ($275 million) of the equity to an infrastructure investment firm
- Represented a Canadian automotive supplier in the purchase of a $42 million U.S.-based forging business
- Represented a utility in the purchase of the remaining interest in a coal-fired power plant.
- Represented a manufacturer of specialized microporous membranes in the $120 million sale of its battery separator business unit pursuant to an FTC Divestiture Order
- Represented a German-based lighting company in the $400 million auction sale of its global tungsten and powders business to an Austrian company
- Represented an energy-based holding company in the $150 million stock sale of its fiber optic communications business
- Represented an automotive retailer in over 50 transactions involving the purchase and sale of automotive dealerships
- Advised the special committee of the board in a going private sale to the company’s founder
- Represented a health care diagnostics company in over 30 transactions involving the purchase and sale of clinical laboratory businesses